I have partnered with Pompeian Grapeseed Oil Spray to carry you my Pignoli Nut Cookies recipe.
True Story: I as soon as won a man’s coronary center with those Pignoli cookies, also recognized as pine nut cookies. Early within the courting my good pal raved concerning the Pignoli cookies he liked to get every time he visited Ferrara Bakery in (Little Italy) NYC. Being of French and German descent myself, I wasn’t usual with those vintage Italian cookies. I scoured the internet for a recipe and discovered all of them to be fairly a lot the same, with the exception of a small quantity of flour which I want to make use of in my recipe. The cookies have been a vast success, and I won his heart. Sadly the courting didn’t last, but we’re nonetheless quality friends. I marvel if my cookies have something to do with that?
Because of the NULL principal foods of almond paste and pine nuts, those cookies are a piece of dear to make. I assume they’re so value the more dollars, and a actual deal with for whoever will get to get pleasure from them.
This cookie dough is a piece sticky, so I suggest lining your baking sheets with parchment paper or spraying them with Pompeian Grapeseed Oil Spray.
8 ounces almond paste
1/2 cup granulated sugar
1/2 cup confectioners’ sugar
1/8 teaspoon salt
1/4 cup flour
2 egg whites (about 6 tablespoons)
1 cup pine nuts
1. Preheat oven to 300 stages F. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper or spray with Pompeian Grapeseed Oil Spray.
2. Break the almond paste into small pieces; area the items in a meals processor. Add the granulated and confectioners’ sugars, salt, and the flour. Pulse till the combination is finely ground. Begin so as to feature the egg whites, a piece of at a time, simply till the dough comes together. You would possibly no longer have got so as to feature all the egg whites.
3. With relatively rainy hands, roll the dough into 1-inch balls. I suggest scooping them out with a small cookie scoop, to maintain them uniform. You’re going to get 12 – 15 cookies from this recipe. Roll the balls within the pine nuts, urgent to stick the nuts (mainly at the tops of the cookies.)
4. Place the balls 2-inches aside at the ready baking sheet. Slightly flatten the tops of the cookies together with your fingers. Bake 15-20 minutes or till golden brown. Remove from the oven, and permit cookies to cool fully at the baking sheets.
5. When cooled, grime cookies generously with confectioner’s sugar earlier than serving.